A friend told me a joke a while ago. Basically, a guy goes to a friend’s house for dinner and sees the friend’s daughter’s car parked out front with an unusual custom license tag.
Over dinner, he asks the young lady about the tag’s meaning. She explains that she just got it because she’s moving out on her own to go to college in a whole other state. The past year was a rough one for her personally, and she saw this as her opportunity to hit the “reset button” and get a new start. So she had it put on her tag:
When he pointed out that “A NU START” can also read “ANUS TART” she turned bright read and left the dinner table.
And she had the tag changed the next day.
Life SUCKS right now. For everyone. Never in my years of blogging and bitching on social media did I think I’d have use the word “pandemic” on a fairly regular basis. It’s weird.
I’m supposed to be heading to the airport right now to catch a plane for Tokyo. Then, from Tokyo, I was supposed to head directly for Dallas. Instead: I’m home.
Regardless, I’m always an opportunist and a “glass is half full” kind of guy. Two unplanned weeks at home means a lot of opportunity. Such as:
- Continue my goal of watching every Best Picture film.
- Watch a lot of anime that would make work easier. (This one is hard since I can’t multitask on a laptop due to subtitles and I don’t watch dubbed anime.)
- Reorganize my bedroom closet and restart my eBay project. (SO MANY THINGS in my storage unit to list.)
- Reorganize and redecorate my office. This has been a goal for sometime.
- Build the new InvaderCON website.
- Finish my stack of unfinished video games:
- Final Fantasy XV
- Grand Theft Auto 5
- Red Dead Redemption 2 (Bonus content only)
Resident Evil 2 (2019)
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider
- Super Mario Odyssey
- Start the clean up/organization/posting of GME’s event photos.
- Start the clean up/organization/posting of my personal/travel photos.
- Clean up and repost a bunch of my old blog posts.
And, you know, maybe some exercise.