A Very Pandemic Christmas: Holiday Movies I’ve Never Seen
Ho-ho-holy shit. 2020 is almost over!
Things have been pretty crazy since my last post in November. Watching twenty-four hours of horror movies back to back took its toll on me, especially with the SUPER HEALTHY spicy chicken wings, pizza and candy I gorged myself on during the viewings. Subsequently, things like holidays, anniversaries and a ton of work planning for 2021 stole away the rest of that time.
Now, though, we’re in the homestretch for making it out of 2020 and I’m hoping to clinch one more “thing accomplished” during the pandemic. The thing?
Christmas movies I’ve never seen.
Shannon and I are enjoying Christmas Eve and Christmas Day isolated at home with Astrid, and we plan to spend that time relaxing and watching Christmas movies – specifically titles I’ve never seen. I know… the fact that I’ve made it this many years without seeing some of these is a bit disconcerting. Hence why I’m planning this.
- A Christmas Story (via TNT)
- Christmas in Graceland * (via Hallmark’s Movie Channel)
- Klaus (via Netflix)
- Krampus (via FX)
- Love Actually (iTunes rental)
- The Apartment (iTunes rental) **
- The Family Stone (via HBO Max)
- The Shop Around the Corner (via HBO Max)
- Tokyo Godfathers (iTunes rental)
* A newer film, but I guess we need to watch it since Shannon and I stayed at The Guest House at Graceland in Memphis this year.
** Bonus! This one qualifies for completing my Best Picture viewing list, too. It won in 1961.