This crazy Man v. Food list is getting pretty long.
- Joe’s Stone Crab in Miami, Florida
- The Old Salty Dog in Sarasota, Florida
- Hot N Juicy Crawfish in Las Vegas, Nevada
- The NASCAR Cafe in Las Vegas, Nevada
- Shula’s Steak House in Miami, Florida
- Gladys Knight And Ron Winans’ Chicken And Waffles in Atlanta, Georgia
- The Jack-N-Grill in Denver, Colorado
- The Buckhorn Exhange in Denver, Colorado
- The Vortex in Atlanta, Georgia
The weekend before last, I found myself in Miami for geek convention related work. Since I was in town and had some time to spare, I decided to track down another Man v. Food location in Miami: La Moon. It’s a quaint (small) restaurant at the edge of the downtown. The weather was cool, so I opted to sit outside and enjoy a beer. They had a Columbian brand I had never tried called Agila. It was light and provided the alcohol I would need for the hot dog goodness I was about to try…
The Supermoon Perro! The Supermoon Perro is a Colombian style hot dog topped with bacon, potato strips, 5 different sauces, and a quail egg. You read that right folks: that white thing in the photo on top of the hot dog is a quail egg.
And I ate it.
And it was good.
Overall, the hot dog was tangy and worthy of a MvF mention. The atmosphere, though, is what makes La Moon worth the stop. It has that Miami ambiance that you read about but rarely truly experience. For the prices and the value of food, odds are that I’ll swing by again in the future if only to take some friends to experience a colorful piece of South Florida.