Posts tagged Weird Al Yankovic
- Ate a giant burger at The Vortex in Atlanta, Georgia. This was the beginning of my Man v. Food pilgrimage that would take me to eight different restaurants!
- Saw snow again for the first time in years.
- Blogged about bad service and got the attention of Ford Motor Company.
- Showed up on Fox 35 News in Orlando, Florida.
- Started watching Doctor Who for the first time in my life. (I figured I should go in order and should be “current” by 2014 at this rate!)
- Pissed off a bunch of BotCon (aka “BotFAIL”) fans.
- Saw a giant pyramid in Cancun, Mexico.
- Visited the Wizarding World of Harry Potter (before the grand opening.)
- Met Peter Cullen – the voice of Optimus Prime.
- Pissed off a bunch of BotCon (aka “BotFAIL”) fans… again.
- Made it to the top of Mount Evans in Colorado.
- Showed up in a silly webcomic.
- Saw Weird Al Yankovic in concert.
- Attended Gen Con and visited Indianapolis, Indiana for the first time.
- Got the greatest Battlestar Galactica dinner story of all time at Dragon*Con.
- Got heavily involved in social media and wound up the local newspaper.
- Attended Anime Weekend Atlanta again. Zaniness ensued.
- Started to digitally archive a bunch of old photos which (thus far) have resulted in some classic geek photos and some very Presidential ones.
- Attended NeonCon in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Saw the Grand Canyon… and almost died.
- Went to Dinosaur World. EPIC.
I read a lot of books, went a lot of places, and did a lot of things. Life, in my humble opinion, is meant to be lived like a video game. Each level should be more exciting than the last – so I’m looking forward to what crazy shit I pull off in 2011. InvaderCON is already going to be amazing. The Florida Anime Experience is already on deck to be epic (keep watching; we’re still making stuff “official”). Shannon and I are already discussing where to go for our annual anniversary trip in November.
My geek life will hopefully cart me off to some pretty amazing locales for some blog-worthy experiences.
This will be my ninth year writing about my life online for the world to read about me. If you’re still with me, thanks for taking the time to read about my boring ass life. I write to stay sane and to maek sure my grammmar skills stai intact. Hopefully the writing is entertaining enough to keep all five (ten?) of you still reading.
Have a wonderful and eventful 2011!
Is it Wednesday already?
The concert was AWESOME (to say the least.)
Afterwards, we went to Boomers in South Florida. There – Lyn and I tried to kill ourselves.
Since I’m writing this it’s safe to assume I am dead and blogging from the grave. BOO.
Right now I’m SWAMPED with prepping for Anime Festival Orlando and Gen Con… so expect some erratic posts over the next week.
I have a WordPress app on my phone which (last time I tested it) didn’t work well with adding photos. I am trying it again. If it worked, you should see the awesome Weird Al shirt I got this past weekend (which I will post more about later.)
NOTE: Didn’t work right. I’ll try to make another post in a few.
Just a short note to update the world to my well being and the amount of things that keep me busy in life. Last weekend (the 4th of July) was my first weekend staying home in over a month – and things are picking up again. Here is, in no particular order, things of interest in and around my life right now…
- It seems that the discussion regarding my comments about the BotCon “Trade Show” is still alive and kicking. You can read it here.
- Next weekend I will be at Ancient City Con with the team from Wasabi Anime.
- The weekend after that, I am going white water rafting in Colorado. I also plan on making some Man vs. Food meal stops.
- The weekend after that: Weird Al Yankovic concert in South Florida.
- Wasabi Anime has announced Orlandia’s Got Talent for Anime Festival Orlando.
- I’m loving watching season 4 of Magnum P.I. on DVD. Just sayin’