Posts tagged Ed Hardy
An added note regarding our day trip to Chichén Itzá… Whenever you take a trip with a tour group – whether at monuments, parks or theme parks – you always run the risk of running into the most unfortunate kind of tourist: the douchebag. This guy (and his wife) where our douchebags on that day in Mexico.
How did they put themselves in this less-than-prestigious category? Here’s a list so you can know how to not be them.
- Before we got to the tour site, the guy stood up on the bus and sprayed himself with sunblock… and everyone in the surrounding seats (including Chris and Angie). BONUS: When Chris pointed out what he was doing, el douchebago replied in a sarcastic manner “Oh, did I offend you?”
- When we started the tour, the guide asked everyone not to buy things from the random vendors we would come across along the way until the end of the tour. What does the douchebag do? He holds a conversation with one of the guys selling things on a blanket while our tour guide was trying to talk. She (rightfully so) slapped him on the chest with her paperwork and reminded him what she had told him before the tour. BONUS: He was buying a pipe with a Mayan skull for smoking who knows what.
- I don’t read or speak much Spanish. At most, I probably sport a thirty word vocabulary. That said – signs with pictures usually help make things easier to understand… unless you’re a douchebag’s wife. She kept smoking the whole tour even though the property was clearly marked NO SMOKING. All the non-smokers in the tour LOVED the second hand smoke in the 120 degree weather.
- When we stopped for lunch at a local town, everyone was given a ticket to line up at the buffet. We all followed everyone off our bus in an orderly line; all of us, except douchebag. He needed to get his 45 seconds of extra time by skipping ahead of the line and cutting in the middle of our group.
- Lastly (and most obvious) was the fact that he was wearing Ed Hardy: the international uniform of a true douchebag.