Friday night I bought the last Gladys & Ron’s Chicken and Waffle’s t-shirt in Atlanta – ever.
Now, this sign was a little confusing to me. The last time I visited, the restaurant was called “Gladys Knight And Ron Winans’ Chicken And Waffles.” It seems that Ron’s passing in 2005 was the basis for the name change (according to the staff.)
The menu, though, was the same great awesomeness as before. Troy and I both ordered the legendary “Midnight Train.” Check it out:
For dessert? I had the sweet potato cheesecake. There is no photo of that (since I ate it immediately.)
On our way out, I noticed that the mannequin behind the counter still had a “Gladys and Ron’s” t-shirt on it. I asked if they had any more left since the name change. The woman told me that there weren’t any more…
except the one on the mannequin.
Troy asked again to have her clarify, “So that is THE last Gladys & Ron’s t-shirt ever?”
“Yes,” she replied.
OH HELL YES I had to buy it.
It’s a small, so Shannon gets it – but I own the final shirt before the name change. It’s probably not a big deal in the scope of the universe, but it was a big deal to me.
- The Year in Review or “WTF HAPPENED IN 2012?”
- Last night I was called arrogant, egotistical, overweight, and possibly gay – AND I LOVED IT.
- Phil’s BBQ in San Diego, California…
- What is your best personal Apple story? (For @Mashable)
- Philippe the Original in Los Angeles, California…
- Orochon Ramen in Los Angeles, California…
- Bub’s Burgers & Ice Cream in Indianapolis, Indiana…
- Al’s #1 Italian Beef in Chicago, Illinois…
- Lack of Blogging and ONE BIG ASS BURGER
- Does Beast Wars Suck? Sure does! Just ask this STANDING ROOM ONLY #Transformers panel room at #DragonCon 2011!