Oh @BotCon. You never fail to amuse. (#BotFAIL Phones It In Another Year.)
So last week I posted about how BotCon 2011 was destined to be well attended based on location and timing and NOT the work of the convention promotions company. Here’s the post: http://www.tomcroom.com/?p=8485
I don’t plan on digging through the sea of past posts, but I know that during the Great BotFAIL Online War of 2010, I mentioned that there was one other location that they could host BotCon that would be considered “phoning it in.” That place? Near Fun Publications, Inc. in Texas. There’s no challenge in promoting a show in your backyard if said show has been on the grid for a number of years.
AND SO, since the debacle of BotCon in Orlando (when they weren’t playing in their own sandbox) it looks like they’re keeping it safe by running the event in their backyard… just as I predicted. As a matter of fact, the new BotCon location is less than an hour’s drive from Fun Publication’s offices.
Nice to know that (if nothing else) BotCon will remain a predictable trade show. Looks like I’ll have to wait until 2013 to see if they can build a better BotCon instead of taking the easy route over and over again.
- My visit to @FUNimation in Texas (or Travels with Tom the #Anime #Nerd)
- Good morning 2012. Here’s my AWESOME life so far. #NewYearsDay
- Another @Botcon email. Wait, aren’t they ignoring me or something? (Fun w/ #Transformers Fandom)
- So I got some fan mail (sarcasm) from @Botcon in my inbox! Check it out:
- The difference between BotCon 2010 and 2011 is simple:
- My wife’s @HardRock Cafe Teddy Bear collection (with pics!)
- So @BotCon aka “#BotFAIL” showed up on my radar again today. How long have they been doing cons?
- My Boring Ass Life Last Year: 2010 In Review
- Flickr Friday: Remember the Alamo!
- Flickr Friday: Driving at 80 MPH legally!