Edward’s Drive-In in Indianapolis, Indiana…
[NOTE: Anyone else notice the inordinate number of "ins" in the title? Drive-IN IN INdianapolis, INdiana. No? Well, I was amused, kay?]
I work out regularly at a gym, but it still doesn’t seem to battle these Man v. Food pounds that I gain! So far I’ve been to:
- Big Pie in the Sky Pizzeria in Kennesaw, Georgia
- La Moon in Miami, Florida
- Joe’s Stone Crab in Miami, Florida
- The Old Salty Dog in Sarasota, Florida
- Hot N Juicy Crawfish in Las Vegas, Nevada
- The NASCAR Cafe in Las Vegas, Nevada
- Shula’s Steak House in Miami, Florida
- Gladys Knight And Ron Winans’ Chicken And Waffles in Atlanta, Georgia
- The Jack-N-Grill in Denver, Colorado
- The Buckhorn Exhange in Denver, Colorado
- The Vortex in Atlanta, Georgia
A couple of weeks ago, I took flew up north for Gen Con in Indianapolis, Indiana. While there, I made the effort to visit a couple of MvF spots. The first place on the list:
This place had the look, feel and vibe of a true fifties drive-in diner. If you parked, waitresses walked out to your car to take your order and delivered it on a tray hooked to you car’s open window. Since we showed up in a cab, though, we passed on that part of the experience. We went inside and ordered the specialty: a jumbo tenderloin sandwich.
The root beer is made in house by the diner and those onion rights were nothing short of epic. My friends Lyn and Tracy were with me on this outing and we were in pure fried food heaven. The root beer, though, truly was the standout of the meal. It went down smooth and had just the right about of carbonation. It was perfectly sweet without being too tart.
I finished the meal and began a trip that would gain me five extra pounds that (as of this writing) I am still trying to get rid of.
IT WAS TOTALLY WORTH IT THOUGH.
- The Year in Review or “WTF HAPPENED IN 2012?”
- I’m flying home from #GenCon – that convention about gaming and stuff.
- Phil’s BBQ in San Diego, California…
- Friday night I bought the last Gladys & Ron’s Chicken and Waffle’s t-shirt in Atlanta – ever.
- Philippe the Original in Los Angeles, California…
- Good morning 2012. Here’s my AWESOME life so far. #NewYearsDay
- Orochon Ramen in Los Angeles, California…
- Bub’s Burgers & Ice Cream in Indianapolis, Indiana…
- Al’s #1 Italian Beef in Chicago, Illinois…
- My wife’s @HardRock Cafe Teddy Bear collection (with pics!)