The Welcome to Fin-Land Jimmy Buffett Concert at Cruzan Amphitheatre in West Palm Beach had THE WORST AUDIO
Oh… the adventures we go on in the magical land of Margaritaville. Sometimes they are the best times you can remember. Sometimes they are the best times you can’t remember (making them epic!) Sometimes, though, they are good times with things that you’d rather not remember.
But ended with me writing a letter to Margaritaville management and the Cruzan Amphitheatre:
TO: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
SUBJECT: Jimmy Buffett on March 23rd in West Palm Beach. Please Read!
Dear Purveyors of the Parrothead Lifestyle,
Close to a quarter of a century ago, I moved to Florida and found myself an adopted son of the beaches, palm trees and atmosphere that can only be found in the Sunshine State. Part of my right of passage into a citizen of this fine state was being introduced to the music, mania and mentality of Jimmy Buffett.
Since then, I have attended six shows (at various venues in Florida) and each has always been, without fail, a memorable experience of epic proportions… until now.
Last weekend was the seventh Jimmy Buffett concert I have attended. It is also my fifth concert experience at Cruzan Amphitheatre. It was, without a doubt, the worst audio presentation I have paid for at a live show.
While it was great to hear all the press via email and banners around the concert that the show would be simulcast on Radio Margaritaville, it seems to me that more focus was needed on clear sound AT the venue itself. Myself, and dozens around me in general admission seating, couldn’t hear a word Jimmy said on stage – and the music was barely audible.
Concert tickets have always carried the caveat of “no refunds,” but this was the first time in over twenty years that I was disappointed in having handed over my money to Jimmy and the Margaritaville Empire.
If someone doesn’t tell you there was a problem, then you’ll never know that there was one. So here I am.
- Concerts I’ve Been To (As of June 2011)
- Tom Croom » UPDATED List of Concerts I’ve Been To (including seeing #TomPetty last week!)
- Almost ten years ago, my Polish family got together. Today, we did it again. #MothersDay
- Why we can’t have nice things (& why #anime conventions like @ChibiPa still don’t get it.)
- Like so many other businesses in #VeroBeach, @FirehouseSubs #FAILS at service. Sadly.
- Review: Hammerhead Ranch Motel
- Hey WPLG Local 10 News in South Florida (@WPLGLocal10) – story idea! (In regards to #StarWars Celebration 6)
- UPDATED List of Concerts I’ve Been To (including seeing #TomPetty last week!)
- Dave & Tom’s Excellent Adventure (Stuart, Florida circa 1992)
- QUESTION: How long can a company keep your credit card info? RE: Mossimo’s Pizza in Vero Beach
- Why are small businesses failing? Just ask Mossimo’s Pizza in Vero Beach, Florida! #Service #FAIL
- Last Saturday I decided to randomly stop and say hello to an alligator (with photos)