Tron on Ice (hey @JoeySnackpants, check it out – with photo!)
Sorry I haven’t been writing much lately (outside of book reviews and photos every Friday.) I’ve been hammering out a ton of content for the new Wasabi Anime website, so my spare time for penning silly stuff on the Internet geared toward personal glorification has been somewhat limited.
Let’s change that.
Let’s talk about Tron… on Ice!
Last weekend Shannon and I went to lunch at Jojo’s Raw Bar & Grill in Fort Pierce, Florida (READ: Best. Drunken. Clams. EVER.) If you’re in the Treasure Coast area and looking for great seafood in a casual atmosphere – this is the place to go. (I hear there’s one in Wellington, Florida too.) </end shameless plug>
Back to the story of eighties science fiction goodness, we spent the afternoon driving up U.S. 1 and hitting some of the antique shops along the way. Shannon had always talked about “antiquing,” but I had never really done it. To me, most antique shops come off as somewhat glorified (and overpriced) flea markets. We scored, though, by finding a place called Hidden Treasures of the Treasure Coast. The somewhat redundant name aside, the place was really cool! Two stories – old furniture – classic electronics – and old magazines.
I wound up buying a 1978 issue of Mad Magazine featuring Star Wars.
Shannon wound up finding (but not buying) a program book from Disney on Ice from 1983. In it, we found this photo:
I could type a dozen or so things about the eighties, spandex, and other related nuggets of nostalgia… but I think the photo kind of speaks for itself. Enjoy.
- Star Trek Into Dorkness (SPOILERS and stuff, nerds.)
- Almost ten years ago, my Polish family got together. Today, we did it again. #MothersDay
- Why we can’t have nice things (& why #anime conventions like @ChibiPa still don’t get it.)
- Like so many other businesses in #VeroBeach, @FirehouseSubs #FAILS at service. Sadly.
- The Year in Review or “WTF HAPPENED IN 2012?”
- HOLY SHIT I’M OLD.
- Review: Hammerhead Ranch Motel
- Hey WPLG Local 10 News in South Florida (@WPLGLocal10) – story idea! (In regards to #StarWars Celebration 6)
- UPDATED List of Concerts I’ve Been To (including seeing #TomPetty last week!)
- Dave & Tom’s Excellent Adventure (Stuart, Florida circa 1992)