BirthdayCon 2010 at Dinosaur World in Plant City, Florida – and a new tradition!
Let’s just cut to the tradition part, shall we? From now on, my birthday will be celebrated by visiting some random tourist attraction in Florida. Places already in discussion for 2011′s festivities:
Feel free to reply with other suggestions!
This year was a treat of GIANT proportions. My friends and I went to Dinosaur World for my birthday.
So what is there to see at Dinosaur World? Robot gorillas and cheetahs existing in a prehistoric world among the likes of Tyrannosaurus Rex and his buddies in a strange paradox situation.
No… wait – that’s not Dinosaur World. That’s why Beast Wars SUCKS.
Dinosaur World is a massive collection of life size dinosaur replicas dating back a number of years. Part of the fun of walking through the park is gaging the age of the statues based on whether or not they dragged their tails (as was once believed.) The place is fairly immersive with the tall trees and lush plant life along the path. To add to it, I played the Jurassic Park theme on my cell phone while we walked around.
Should you ever decide to retrace our steps along the Dinosaur World path, here are two things you should seek out:
THE WAVING BUSH
Fun was had, zaniness ensued, and plants were haunted. Good times.
- Tweets that mention Tom Croom’s Blog] BirthdayCon 2010 at Dinosaur World in Plant City, Florida and a new tradition! — Topsy.com
- Tom Croom » Today is my birthday. I am older. I am wiser. I AM GOING TO GATORLAND THIS WEEKEND.
- Almost ten years ago, my Polish family got together. Today, we did it again. #MothersDay
- Shannon spelunking in caves in Belize (Royal Caribbean)
- Shannon vs. The Rock Climbing Wall (Royal Caribbean)
- Shannon crossing a bridge in Belize (Royal Caribbean)
- Cruising down a river in Belize (Royal Caribbean)
- Driving in Belize (Royal Caribbean)
- Riding rides upside down at the Fair.
- Shannon & I borrow Google bikes & visit Android.
- The Greatest Tom Croom YouTube video. Ever.
- The French Execution in San Francisco. Wait. What?