The Vegas Vacation Part IX: The Hoover Dam
aka “The Quest for Micheal Bay’s Megatron!”
The Hoover Dam is one of those man made objects that helps people understand that, yes, playing with Legos as a child can eventually lead to something productive. The place is massive!
As soon as we got there, I checked in via Foursquare and read all of the local tips folks had left from their visit. This one caught my eye immediately:
Joshua’s wants to visit where the government kept Megatron. – Carmen S.
For those of you that have never been, the Hoover Dam is one of those great places to screw around with time zones. On the west side of the river is Nevada which exists in the Pacific time zone. On the other side – Arizona is in the Mountain time zone. Thus walking back and forth is the closest you can come to time travel outside of a souped up Delorean. Notice the blue clock on the structure:
There’s one on each side so you can keep yourself amused. There is a plaque to mark the exact point so you can walk back and forth and confuse and children (or slow relatives) that you may have with you.
If you’re ever in the area take the time to stop. You’ll be there and hour or two MAX and it’s a fulfilling experience for such a short period of time.
- Good morning 2012. Here’s my AWESOME life so far. #NewYearsDay
- My wife’s @HardRock Cafe Teddy Bear collection (with pics!)
- Fellow Social Media Geeks: HELP! @GetGlue vs. @GoMiso… which should I use?
- My Boring Ass Life Last Year: 2010 In Review
- The Vegas Vacation Part XI: El Tovar and The Grand Canyon
- The Vegas Vacation Part X: Route 66, In-N-Out Burger and Kingman, AZ
- The Vegas Vacation Part VIII: Pawn Stars!
- The Vegas Vacation Part VII: Peepshow starring Holly Madison
- Hot N Juicy Crawfish in Las Vegas, Nevada…
- The Vegas Vacation Part IV: The Beatles LOVE