Tom Croom’s BirthdayCon 2010: Dinosaur World (and you’re invited!)
I’m a sucker for tourist attractions. Many of my blog posts and photos tell the story of my strange fascination with places ranging from the cheesy (South of the Border) to the historical (Route 66) all around the world. The great state of Florida is home to some of the most colorful cheese ball attractions known to man… and for my birthday this year, I’m going to go to one of them.
And you’re all invited.
That’s right: I’m inviting the Internet to join me and celebrate my birthday in a couple of weeks. My friends and I will be at DINOSAUR WORLD in Plant City, Florida on Saturday, December 4th. We plan on meeting out front at noon. Admission into the epically awesome experience is $12.75 plus tax for adults.
You can RSVP in Facebook here: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=103165059755490
If you RSVP and show up, we’ll abuse the resources of Wasabi Anime to make official BirthdayCon 2010 laminates… complete with a dinosaur on it. (You will have to provide your own lanyard.)
BIRTHDAY GIFTS ARE NOT REQUIRED… but if you really want to get me something, here’s a list of stuff I could use. (You may want to run it by firstname.lastname@example.org to avoid duplicates.
BOOKS (Hardcovers only,,, I don’t collect/read paperbooks. Yes, I’m a book snob.)
- Dune (Frank Herbert)
- Brave New World (Aldous Huxley)
- It’s Superman! (Tom De Haven)
- The Fountainhead (Ayn Rand)
- Stranger in a Strange Land (Robert A. Heinlein)
- Cat’s Cradle (Kurt Vonnegut)
- Animal Farm (George Orwell)
- Autobiography of Mark Twain, Volume 1: The Complete and Authoritative Edition
- If Chins Could Kill: Confessions of a B Movie Actor (Bruce Campbell)
BLU-RAY MOVIES (DVD is sooooo 2008.)
- Avatar (Three-Disc Extended Collector’s Edition + BD-Live)
- Disney’s Beauty and the Beast
- Kick-Ass (Three-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo + Digital Copy)
- Iron Man 2 (Three-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo + Digital Copy)
- The Goonies (25th Anniversary Edition)
- Ponyo (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo)
- Ghost in the Shell 2.0
- The Ultimate Matrix Collection
TRANSFORMERS (All of these items are not easy to find…)
- Beast Wars Basic Optimus Primal
- Generation 1 Action Master Optimus Prime
- Generation 1 Orion Pax and Barrelroller
- Generation 1 Star Convoy
- Generation 2 Combat Hero Optimus Prime
- Generation 2 Go-Bot Optimus Prime
- Hard Heroes: Cyclonus Bust (12th in series)
- Hard Heroes: Devastator Bust (8th in series)
- Hard Heroes: Jazz Bust (12th in series)
- Hard Heroes: Megatron Bust (2nd in series)
- Hard Heroes: Optimus Prime Bust (1st in series)
- Hard Heroes: Shockwave Bust (11th in series)
- Hard Heroes: Ultra Magnus Bust (12th in series)
- Hybrid Style Optimus Prime
- Machine Wars Optimus Prime
- Revoltech Convoy
- Transformers Energon: Optimus Prime
EASY TO DO AND ALWAYS APPRECIATED
- iTunes gift card (so I can continue to watch Doctor Who)
- Best Buy gift card
- Tweets that mention Tom Croom’s BirthdayCon 2010: Dinosaur World (and you’re invited!) — Topsy.com
- I’m growing older but not up.
- HOLY SHIT I’M OLD.
- Tom Croom – THE PUPPET. (Captions welcome.)
- Last night I was called arrogant, egotistical, overweight, and possibly gay – AND I LOVED IT.
- Today is my birthday. I am older. I am wiser. I AM GOING TO GATORLAND THIS WEEKEND.
- So we celebrated the birth of @AngieDuplis over the weekend…
- BirthdayCon 2010 at Dinosaur World in Plant City, Florida – and a new tradition!
- I’m growing older but not up.
- FINALLY! The kids from [insert webcomic here] have finally gone home; now for #GenCon
- Special thanks to some special friends…
- Some birthday stats…