SHAMELESS PLUG POST!
Here are a bunch of events at AFO4 featuring Wasabi folks and folks we all know…
ALL WEEKEND LONG
Wasabi Anime’s Convention Scavenger Hunt: AFO4
We’ve done it for JACON, MetroCon, YasumiCon… and now Anime Festival Orlando. Stop by the Wasabi Anime Info Table at the convention (starting Friday evening) to get your form and start playing. Spend the weekend collecting items and answers to win prizes. Winner(s) to be announced at the AFO4 Closing Ceremonies on Sunday. Sponsored in part by Anime Pavilion.
- Hosts: Tom Croom & Joey Snackpants, Esq.
- 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm in Video C
Come discuss the universe of robots pretending to be other things. Topics include the upcoming series “Transformers: Energon”, the new Transformers PS2 game, and why Beast Wars still sucks.
Con Docs 101
- Host: David Violence
- 8:30 pm – 10:00 pm in the AMV Room
Join renegade filmmaker David Violence as he discusses the art of filming cosplayers and fanboys in the wild. A cross between Kevin Smith & Michael Moore with a touch of Lenny Bruce, be aware that Mr. Violence’s humor isn’t for everyone and may be found offensive by some people. Viewer discression is advised.
8 Simple Rules for Convention Cosplay
- Hosts: Chris “Gecko” Petrie & Tom Croom
- 11:00 am – 12:00 pm in Panel Room B
Come and enjoy a candid and humorous look at the world of Cosplay as Tom & Gecko share the rules that EVERYONE should know for successful convention cosplaying. Bring your pen, paper, and a sense of humor.
Sponsored in part by CosBunnies.com.
Off The Beaten Path
- Host: Daryl Surat
- 4:30 pm – 6:00 pm in Video C
Known for first coining the phrase “Your Favorite Anime Sucks!” (adopted as a battle cry by Joey Snackpants, Daryl takes us on a journey into the obscure and lesser known anime out there. Tired of seeing the same Cartoon Network reruns? This is your chance to find something new.
Wasabi Anime 2nd Anniversary Party
- Host: Wasabi Anime Staff
- 10:00 PM til whenever… location in the convention hotel
Wasabi Anime of Florida invites it’s members and supporters to celebrate our second year anniversary. Entrance into the party is BADGE ACCESS ONLY and requires your Wasabi Anime I.D. to get in. Food, drinks, and even some Para Para Paradise will be had. (If you have a Wasabi Anime I.D. already, stop by the Wasabi Table for your access laminate for the party.)
Big Effin’ Robots
- Hosts: Ken Nabbe, Tom Croom, & Erik Reiss
- 1:30 pm – 2:30 pm in Panel Room B
Voltron, Giant Robo, the Big O, Superion, Escaflowne, and a random Gundam all get in a fight… who wins? Come talk about this sub-genre of anime that DOESN’T feature magical girls or collecting small monsters.
OTHER IMPORTANT STUFF
Wasabi Anime of Florida Info Table
We will, like at other conventions, have an information table set up at AFO4 to answer questions about the club and also to serve as the “home base” for the scavenger hunt. You can also sign up for the club and get your (optional) Wasabi Anime I.D. there!
Wasabi Anime of Florida T-Shirts
By popular demand! Stop by the Koneko Studios/Athena Chan’s Anime table in the dealer’s room all weekend. Athena will be selling Wasabi Anime’s popular t-shirts INCLUDING the “Tom Croom… the Bill Gates of Fandom” shirts. (50% of all profits from the “Tom Croom…” shirts will be donated to Give Kids The World and features the artwork of Cowkitty Studios.)
- Star Trek Into Dorkness (SPOILERS and stuff, nerds.)
- Bad hair day + Microphone = ???
- The Progression of Project Anime.
- The Year in Review or “WTF HAPPENED IN 2012?”
- HOLY SHIT I’M OLD.
- My ANNUAL LIST of FLORIDA GEEK CONVENTIONS 2013
- So @sazbi3989 on Twitter asked me for pointers about starting an anime club…
- Why my not eating at #ChickfilA has NOTHING to do with Dan Cathy’s opinions.
- I suppose if @AFOUpdate & @FloridaAnime Experience had a kid, this would happen.
- Dear Blog, I miss you. I’ve been busy with this #AnimeExpo2012 thing.