The problem with living life in perpetual adventure mode is that, no matter how things you accomplish, you always want to do more. Today is my forty-fifth birthday. Growing up, my parents loved travel in the form of road trips. As a result, I always want to go further and see more than they ever did. This past year, I have seen more of the world than either of my parents did/have in their lifetime. London, Tokyo, Havana, New York, Los Angeles, Warsaw, and the list goes on…
All in the past twelve months.
Birthdays for me, though, remind me of things that are incomplete and need to “get done” before the NEXT birthday. Most of them are actually silly, but rest heavily on the mind of this geek. Here’s some of those things off the top of my head.
- I need to catch up on reading my Green Arrow comics. I have them all, but I’m about two years behind.
- I need to complete cleaning up and tagging my old LiveJournal and blog posts so this is a true archive of my strange life.
- I need to watch the remaining (and new) Best Picture films I haven’t seen.
- I need to clean out my storage unit and eBay the hell out of so much stuff. (This is a common problem among my adult friends.)
- I have, like, five video games I need to play through/complete at this point: Final Fantasy XV, Call of Duty WWII, Red Dead Redemption II, Spider-Man, and Shadow of the Tomb Raider.
- I want to finish vidcapping all my old VHS tapes so they can get thrown away – and post them embarrassingly on YouTube.
- I need to finish organizing all my digital photos on my computer (easier now that I upgraded my Mac) – and scan/archive the analog ones.
- And – of course – I need to keep up on my blog so that I respond to things in a more timely fashion. This reply is from August 18th:
Sorry to taking so long, Candy – but the morning went fine (as far as I remember) and I’m still not at inbox zero. 😊