If you plan to go, you
MUST SHOULD RSVP via Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/921773981247248/
(If you can’t see the link, message me and I’ll send you a direct invite.)
Revised from “must” to “should” since I was reminded that not everyone uses the Bookface all the time. 🙂
DATE: Saturday, December 5th
TIME: 9:00 PM until Midnight
LOCATION: The Venue in Orlando
According to The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, the number 42 is the “answer to life, the universe, and everything”. The issue, though, is that no one ever really worked out the correct question…
In December of this year, Tom Croom will turn the ripe old age of 42 years old. In order to celebrate/mourn this historic event – he is hosting an open birthday party for his family, friends, and anyone else who has “nothing else to do that night anyway”.
PARTY THEME: This will be a themed party based on the The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy. This means:
1. You can show up in a bathrobe and it is totally acceptible. (What you wear under is entirely up to you.)
2. You should bring a towel. You should ALWAYS bring a towel. (No, there is not a hot tub or a swimming pool. Read the aforementioned book that this party is going to be based on – or just do the lazy thing and “Google it”.)
3. Want to come in costume? DO IT! Dress as Zaphod, Trillian, Ford, Marvin, or any of the other of the dozens (hundreds?) of characters from the book/radio series/TV show/movie.
4. The first 42 people to come will recieve a free drink (from the cash bar) and a rare, brand new, never opened pack of Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy Trading Cards from 1994. (Allegedly some of the packs have “tekcrome” and autographed Douglas Adams cards… so there’s that!)
5. I am working with the bar to see if they can put together/serve an appropriate Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster that evening. That said (and as mentioned before) there will be a cash bar open for the night.
6. Pizza and light snacks will be served… unless something more thematically correct comes to mind. (No, we’re not bringing in an Ameglian Major Cow for supper.)
7. Other elements are in development this month. If all goes according to plan, we may be serving “tea” and “no tea” at the same time.
8. Don’t panic.
GIFTS: Gifts are not required, but if you opt to bring something please make sure it is consumable or digital or elegible to be a life experience. Since moving to the apartment by the beach, the amount of space for “stuff” is extremely limited. The following are snazzy ideas:
-Amazon Gift Cards.
-Apple iTunes Gift Cards.
-Best Buy Gift Cards.
-Gift certificates to restaurants that don’t suck.
-Tickets to plays/events/shows/etc.
(You get the idea.)
AS STATED EARLIER: Gifts are not required! I’m merely clarifying the “if” part so I don’t wind up driving home with another set of steak knives.
-Yes, we rented a venue in Orlando just to host my silly birthday party.
-Parking is available near the event for free.
-You don’t HAVE to wear a bathrobe to get in, but you’ll cooler if you do.
-I know my friends are geeks, so I’ll have video games and other related entertainment set up during the party.
-We’re still working out some details (decorations, other entertainment, etc.) so watch the event for updates.
-Yes, you can invite/bring your friend.