…aka “WTF is Sarah Jane wearing?!”
I haven’t had much time for TV lately (and I was away from the gym for a short bit.) Pesky conventions keep taking up my time. That said, here’s what’s I’ve watched thus far in the Who-niverse:
- The Ark in Space (4th Doctor)
- Planet of the Spiders (3rd Doctor)
- The Time Warrior (3rd Doctor)
- The Green Death (3rd Doctor)
- Carnival of Monsters (3rd Doctor)
- The Three Doctors (3rd Doctor)
- The Time Monster (3rd Doctor)
- The Mutants (3rd Doctor)
- The Claws of Axos (3rd Doctor)
- Terror of the Autons (3rd Doctor)
- Spearhead from Space (3rd Doctor)
- The Krotons (2nd Doctor)
- The Aztecs (1st Doctor)
I’m just going to skip past talking about the plot, acting, story and effects and go straight for the important stuff: Sarah Jane’s epic red and white overalls. They have three red stars on them. As a result of this brave fashion move, Sarah was described by one character during the series as looking “just like Andy Panda.”
There was something about a hand. And fear. And dramatic science fiction. And stuff.
…but those overalls.
This is the last (not counting very recent stuff) appearance of Sarah Jane in the series (which makes the overalls that much more unusual.) I do like the anti-climatic nature of her leaving… just very plain. She gets dropped off by the Doctor who has been summoned back to Gallifrey. Sarah, upon arriving home, realizes she has been dropped nowhere near promised.
The sad irony… the week i watched this series – this happened. 🙁