- Ate a giant burger at The Vortex in Atlanta, Georgia. This was the beginning of my Man v. Food pilgrimage that would take me to eight different restaurants!
- Saw snow again for the first time in years.
- Blogged about bad service and got the attention of Ford Motor Company.
- Showed up on Fox 35 News in Orlando, Florida.
- Started watching Doctor Who for the first time in my life. (I figured I should go in order and should be “current” by 2014 at this rate!)
- Pissed off a bunch of BotCon (aka “BotFAIL”) fans.
- Saw a giant pyramid in Cancun, Mexico.
- Visited the Wizarding World of Harry Potter (before the grand opening.)
- Met Peter Cullen – the voice of Optimus Prime.
- Pissed off a bunch of BotCon (aka “BotFAIL”) fans… again.
- Made it to the top of Mount Evans in Colorado.
- Showed up in a silly webcomic.
- Saw Weird Al Yankovic in concert.
- Attended Gen Con and visited Indianapolis, Indiana for the first time.
- Got the greatest Battlestar Galactica dinner story of all time at Dragon*Con.
- Got heavily involved in social media and wound up the local newspaper.
- Attended Anime Weekend Atlanta again. Zaniness ensued.
- Started to digitally archive a bunch of old photos which (thus far) have resulted in some classic geek photos and some very Presidential ones.
- Attended NeonCon in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Saw the Grand Canyon… and almost died.
- Went to Dinosaur World. EPIC.
I read a lot of books, went a lot of places, and did a lot of things. Life, in my humble opinion, is meant to be lived like a video game. Each level should be more exciting than the last – so I’m looking forward to what crazy shit I pull off in 2011. InvaderCON is already going to be amazing. The Florida Anime Experience is already on deck to be epic (keep watching; we’re still making stuff “official”). Shannon and I are already discussing where to go for our annual anniversary trip in November.
My geek life will hopefully cart me off to some pretty amazing locales for some blog-worthy experiences.
This will be my ninth year writing about my life online for the world to read about me. If you’re still with me, thanks for taking the time to read about my boring ass life. I write to stay sane and to maek sure my grammmar skills stai intact. Hopefully the writing is entertaining enough to keep all five (ten?) of you still reading.
Have a wonderful and eventful 2011!