It’s strange, but I seem to have inadvertantly started a personal tradition. The first time I flew to Las Vegas a few years ago I killed time on the flight by watching a movie about Vegas: Ocean’s 13. It wasn’t the greatest film, but it certainly wasn’t the worst.
The point is I watched a movie about Las Vegas on my flight to Las Vegas.
Tonight I walked down memory lane by watching Swingers again for the first time in years. It’s one of Shannon’s favorite movies from before we met and the earliest film I remember having to buy her when DVD finally killed VHS. For years, back when we first started dating, we would constantly tell each other that “you are so money and you don’t even know it.”
So now I am sitting on an Airtrain flight on my way to Vegas again… so what better way to kill the time than blog about the random things I thought about while watching the film on my snazzy Galaxy S supa-phone (which, I should add, is what I’m using to write this post.)
Good thing I packed the extra phone battery.
Things of note from the flick:
– Jon Favreau really was that thin once… and so was I.
– Sweet Jeebus I’m old now. I know this because 1.) No one in the film had a cell phone, 2.) Their video game controllers had wires connected to them, 3.) Someone used a calling card to make a phone call and 4.) A character made mention of auditioning for Star Trek: Deep Space 9.
– I had never really noticed how much of an homage to filmmaking that movie was – or maybe I had just forgotten. The Goodfellas nod was epic.
– I need to put more Big Bad Voodoo Daddy in my iTunes library when I get back to Florida.
– Maybe I should learn to swing dance.
– Baby, you’re so money and you don’t even know it.
So yeah, I’ll upload this once I land in another hour (or two) and try to remember to bring a copy of The Hangover for my next flight to Vegas.