I really thought this would be over by now. I should be posting more stories from my weekend in Colorado… but I guess not. LOL
I am reposting part of my reply I made to someone in one of my other posts as part of this update to address some of the really inane shit I have been reading in the past twenty-four hours.
So all you zany Transformers fans still lurking around by blog – read on!
The core of all this (lest we forget) is a bunch of fanboys arguing about toys and cartoons from their childhood on the Internet. <sarcasm> SERIOUS business folks. </sarcasm>
People asked for my opinion about said toys and cartoons – I have explained that I reserve that conversation/material for the panels we provide as *entertainment* at a number of conventions.
After further pressing – I offered to explain the thought process (of why Beast Wars sucks) IF something good could come from it beyond opening a whole new debate on the Internet… thus I chose a charity to push for. One, I might add, I feel very strongly about.
I’m just a guy with a blog who likes to write. On my blog, I tend to share my opinions. It seems a majority of the BotCon attendees who have found my blog and keep posting here, though, are “those” fans that the rest of us make fun of… over-obsessive to the point of looking for a flame war or just being a troll.
People keep talking about facts and opinions. Here are some facts:
- I wrote a review for a fandom convention (trade show) for a pop culture website.
- I posted my opinions on my blog… as I tend to do.
- I never went to Transformers fan forums bitch and moan.
- I never wrote a webcomic satirizing any of this.
I took a silly Internet argument and tried to make SOME good of it… and as a result, learned that 10% of the Transformers fans from BotCon (that I come across) who populate the Internet “get it” – and the other 90% really, really need to get a life.
So keep posting! I haven’t had this much focus on my little corner of the Internet since the Ford fiasco. But who cares, right? I’m just a guy with a blog with an opinion that NO ONE cares about… yet here people are posting.
You “people” should think about that. 🙂
For those of you that have made donations for Give Kids the World… THANK YOU. The organization is a great group, and I’ve visited (and helped out) at the GKTW village in Kissimmee many times. Seeing those kids first hand reminds you of how even a little bit helps in a big way.
If you have made a donation, and I have your email confirmation, feel free to call me. My number is (407) 536-9272. If you get the voice mail, leave a message and I’ll call back (I do have a day job!) When I call, I will give you a five minute explanation of why, without a doubt, Beast Wars sucks and I will be more than happy to hear why you think otherwise.